Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday Indulgences

It being the end of the first week back, my friend C and I celebrated with one of our biannual expeditions to the nearby french fry truck for poutine & veggie dogs. Now, I should say that the veggie dogs are crucial here, whether or not you are a vegetarian, because it puts a slightly-less-insane ceiling on your total caloric intake.

Just look at those beauties. That was at 2:30 this afternoon. It's now almost 11pm and I don't think I've felt hunger again yet. It took 2L of water to keep me from a total grease coma but it was worth it.

...
The weather here this winter has so far been so mild, I can probably count on one hand the number of daytime highs we've had below freezing. But look what it's driving the wildlife to!

That's a raccoon, scoping out the steps of a building on campus. This was the best pic I could get of the little feller. I saw him as I waited for a streetcar. He drew some attention from the assembled TTC riders. I wonder if he was lost, or just roaming.

...
And in my knitting life, I have stash. This much of it:

Does it look tiny? As yon Yarn Harlot once referred to stash that could fit in a box as "cute", this probably isn't far off. I've got a good 4 pairs of socks worth in there, and some leftover acrylic boucle (Bernat Illusion, left from an afghan that didn't want to end) that is probably destined for a hat/scarf combo. And enough worsted to shake a stick at. The white would do a sweater nicely, but I don't know if white is really for me.

So in the meantime I'm finishing up these puppies, in Austermann Step #20. This colourway has a nice gradient to it, but I do miss the other style, with the blocks of bright colour broken up with lines of white. Still my favourite sock yarn.


Happy weekend knitting, everyone! I think I'm off to dine on a hearty meal of Cheerios.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Nice looking vegie-dogs! I've never had the 'other' stuff, heh. seriously, what is it?
You know, you can always dye that white yarn, right? Your sister would only be too happy to show you :).

Thanks for stopping by, and for the birthday wishes!

Snowdrifted said...

Ahh, poutine: that's fries with gravy and cheese curds. A Quebecois invention!

You know, I hadn't thought about dyeing that yarn. Hmm, I wonder what I could do with that... *g*

Marianne said...

Seriously, talk with Glenna about dyeing that white yarn, it's fun!