Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Ten Lords a' Leaping

Campus opens again tomorrow. But by my count there are still two days left of Christmas, so I'm procrastinating holding out for a while longer. Let me tell you about the holidays first.

First there was a little tree:


Then a big tree:


And there was Christmas Eve at church:


Then there was food. Lots of food. Oog. Then there were gifts! (The socks for my grandpa and aunt were a hit.)


...and dinner (more food):


Then there were a few days rest, in which there was some knitting:


And we were on the road again:


And stopped for apple pie on the way:

Merlin wants to get down...


But we weren't fraidy cats because we walked by this haunted house:


And G finished MORE socks:


And I finished my first "Branching Out" scarf! (More to come.)

After ringing in the New Year we drove back in weather that was freakishly not cold at all.


Now, I'll go collect a second cup of tea and some knitting. I don't think I'm ready to be done with holidays yet.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Love the trees! That haunted house is beautiful....just how haunted is it?
I'm with you, not ready for the holidays to be over....
Glad to read that a grand time was had by all!
(I popped over from your sister's)
Welcome to Blogland!

Sarah said...

I've popped along from the Crazy Lady's site too. Welcome to the world of blogging, I only started recently - it's lots of fun :)

Snowdrifted said...

Hi Marianne and Sarah! Thanks for the welcome to blogger. I'm looking forward to seeing what's out here.