Monday, February 5, 2007

Taking Off

Since I gave myself the night to play hooky, and I'd made some decent sock progress, I let myself cast on for Icarus. It was pretty fiddly in the beginning, but after a few rows the pattern is starting to come through. Then suddenly after an hour and a half my tea had gone stone cold and I ended up with this:


The first 18 rows of chart 1 done. It's brill. The whole thing is lighter than anything, especially with the bamboos, and in the stockinette patches you can see the pinky heathery shade starting to come through. The bamboo needles are turning out to be sticky, though. I might spring for some Addis when I get to the circular needle stage (you know, sometime next Christmas, at this rate), because a sticky join is not going to be friendly.

Oh, I am so down the rabbit hole.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Ooh, it's looking beautiful. Very excited for you.

Marianne said...

Dudette, that is just beautiful! What yarn are you using?
You might check out the Knitpicks circs, they are totally fabulous, I like their cables a whole lot more than even the addis.
This is going to be so much fun!

Marianne said...

OK...misti alpaca...got it.

Karin said...

Hey Ms. M - thanks for visiting and your lovely compliments on Swallowtail. It was fun to do and I'm looking for another lacy thing to cast on. The misti alpaca in your Icarus looks very tempting, maybe for another shoulder shawl :). Don't you love when a project starts off so well?

Kelly said...

Oh, that is looking beautiful! I think the different shades are actually coming out more in the knitted fabric. You're making me want to knit lace... as soon as the cables are done!