Since I gave myself the night to play hooky, and I'd made some decent sock progress, I let myself cast on for Icarus. It was pretty fiddly in the beginning, but after a few rows the pattern is starting to come through. Then suddenly after an hour and a half my tea had gone stone cold and I ended up with this:
The first 18 rows of chart 1 done. It's brill. The whole thing is lighter than anything, especially with the bamboos, and in the stockinette patches you can see the pinky heathery shade starting to come through. The bamboo needles are turning out to be sticky, though. I might spring for some Addis when I get to the circular needle stage (you know, sometime next Christmas, at this rate), because a sticky join is not going to be friendly.
Oh, I am so down the rabbit hole.