Tuesday, June 12, 2007

49,117


...is the number of words my thesis draft clocks in at. It still seems small, even printed up and surlock-bound into 207 pages. It'll likely grow in revisions, after my committee's read it. Right now, I mostly feel like it's just the time to do it: I know there are places that will need fixing, but I've run out of words of my own. So it's the right time to print and get feedback on.

I feel a certain kinship now with this empty message board in Robarts library: all cleared. Do I:
(a) Sleep.
(b) Drink.
(c) Knit.
(d) Read a novel.
(e) All of the above.

At the moment I'm leaning toward (e), but that's going to be hard. And Icarus needs some feathers, I think.

7 comments:

Lady O said...

GO YOU!! There may be things to do but yeah! for the printed up stage!!

I vote knit - with a lovely drink and some chocolate (or donuts, for some reason donuts sound like a good idea...)

Jenn said...

Congrats! What a big milestone!

Kellie said...

Oh my! I remember handing in my thesis. What a drain! I couldn't believe it was over and had nothing important to do. I wish I had knit then.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy while you can.

I can't imagine being done so completely now. My present thesis is parenting. I don't plan to be done with that one...ever.

Fairytale Frog said...

In 3 months time I will (hopefully) have the same feeling. At that time I think I will drink, then probably pass out in a deep sleep and when I wake up I shall knit until my fingers hurt. The reading will be put off in order to let my eyes and brain recover from too many late nights on the computer.

Most of all enjoy it!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! It must feel fantastic to have that accomplished and to have a bit of downtime.

Marianne said...

Big hearty congratulations, Ms.M!
I'd probably go for 'e' also but you're right, that would definitely be a bit tricksy...just take it very easy and do whatever your heart desires...while you can.
:^)

Sarah said...

Hooray - well done you - hope you enjoy a lovely mix of all those nice activities